If you're storing the tubs in temperature extremes, you might need to consider
the stability of the plastic and its outgassing effects on the contents. Just a
word of caution from the textile conservation side of things...

Astrida

From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Alexandria Doyle
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 1:23 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: [h-cost] ORGANIZATION

I had a very frustrating time of trying to locate some items this weekend to
show to a newcomer and have had it with the disorganization of my costumes,
my sewing  and assorted art supplies and tools.  When I moved into my house
I had a sewing room, then children moved home and things were packed in to
tubs hapharzardly and stored in the garage and corners of my room, and for a
while I had things in the living room and - I just don't know what I have or
where it's at anymore as well as having some of the tubs only half full now
because I've move some of the contents to another location.

Over the upcoming holidays I have several long weekends that I could use to
tackle this problem.  I am thinking that an inventory list on the front of
the tubs should be my first step.  The question is, what can I use to fix
the list to the box?  The boxes stored in my garage are subject to intensive
heat all summer long (Over 50 days with triple digits this past summer) so
I'm concerned that tape of most sorts will just melt.  And I'd like the list
to be easy to change as I remove things so I'll know when I should combine
tubs

any help greatly appreciated
alex
need to check for those organizations that take scrap fabric because I know
I have lots and after five years plus in storage I'm not going to use it.

--
So much to do and so little attention span to get it done with.