Are you positive this was wool? I find it suspect that neither color remover nor dye had any effect. What kind of dye did you use?

Denise
___________________

Just thought I'd tell you what I did try with this lovely bit of wool
that was too pink...  I had attempted overdying this piece of fabric
several years ago, with what I don't remember now with the only result
was the fulling of the fabric.

Therefore I started with a dye remover.  I suspect that I didn't have
enough to do much for the yardage, but since I saw NO color seepage
into the water, I doubt it would have mattered if I'd had more.

I had the brown dye on hand and I'm not likely to use brown dye
anytime soon, so I went ahead and did the dye bath.  It did not take,
at all.

In the end, I turned the fabric over to the friend who owns it and I
believe she is planning to have a lovely fucshia viking
caftan/overcoat of this wonderfully fulled wool.  She will be warm,
dry and highly visible when wearing it.