I, too, am sorry to hear your news.

I have a Bernina and would never buy anything else.  You can get a low  end
Bernina.  If it is new, and you buy from a dealer, it should include
classes on how to use the features.  BTW, Bernina makes the best  buttonholes,
if
that is important to you.  On most machines, the buttonhole  zigzags down
one side and back up the other, meaning the second side is  stitching in
reverse.  The zigzag never looks as good when done in  reverse.  The Bernina
back straight stitches up the second side, then comes  down with the zigzag.

I don't think an industrial machine is necessary unless you do lots and
lots of sewing, like you are a full-time seamster.

Ann Wass

In a message dated 10/7/2009 1:56:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,