For rings, try Lacis, a store in Berkeley, CA. I think they have a web site.
They also sell metal and spiral boning. (My daughter recently bought some
for a corset and it cost about $5.)Or metal ones from a jewelry catalog.

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Jo Anne Fatherly
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2010 8:19 PM
To: h-costume@mail.indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] (no subject)

I got Margo's Tudor Woman patterns and now I have questions. (They've
probably been asked before, but forgive me -- I didn't need to know then!).

Two materials recommendations have me baffled. There's "half-inch diameter
Roman drapery rings". I can't find any smaller than an inch
-- where would you get them?

And the often-made suggestion of using half-inch plastic strapping for
boning -- no one around here seems to sell any that's larger than 3/8". Mail
order? Use it double?

Looking forward to this project --

Jo Anne