Dawn,

at least you *have* fabric stores to go to. There is *one* real fabric store in our tourist town. It's high-end and mostly I don't like their colors _or_ prices. There's a home dec store which claims to be discount but it's still high. And there's a hobby store that has quite a few fabrics (most quilt cotton) but always disappoints.

If I want to drive 45 miles there's a huge, messy, jumbled-together Joannn's. Or, for 120 miles in nightmare traffic, I can go to the LA garment district and drive around looking for a parking place.

Of your three, Hancock was the best in the San Jose area, but now, the closest is over 100 miles inland and in the worst climate. Whoever put the Bake in Bakersfield was sure right! :)

    == Marjorie Wilser

=:=:=:Three Toad Press:=:=:=

"Learn to laugh at yourself and you will never lack for amusement." --MW

http://3toad.blogspot.com/