I'd suggest a net search for linen velvet. You will find it. But it is incredibly expensive. It makes 100% silk velvet look cheap.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com

On 1/19/2010 1:18 PM, cw15147-hcos...@yahoo.com wrote:
Ditto. I've never heard of such a thing. Even if it's couch weight, it may be
useful for something costume-related.

Claudine

----- Original Message ----
From: Ginni Morgan<ginni.mor...@doj.ca.gov>
To: Historical Costume<h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Tue, January 19, 2010 1:08:01 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] where has all the velvet gone? (rant)

Fran

Could you please send me the links for the linen velvet?  I'm very interested in
it.

Ginni Morgan
Sacramento, CA

Lavolta Press 1/19/10 12:48 PM>>>
Great. That's what I wanted to know. That would be a nice fabric for
1880s and 1920s, when some Renaissance-inspired fabrics were used.

I refrained from listing links I found to some linen velvets because
they were all sofa weight. Has anyone ever seen a linen velvet woven for
clothing?

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com