what an educational topic! I always thought I knew what a pork pie hat was. I wondered how the heck someone could mistake a pork pie for a fedora, so I googled both. Guess I didn't know what a pork pie hat was afterall!

So, what do you call the billed, low-profile caps similar to (but more streamlined) the one on Redford in the Great Gatsby? I always associate these with sports car enthusiasts of a certain age (pre-NASCAR). I think they are also part of the uniform of a vintage golfer, bu tthose tend to be sloppy over the ears.

I also didn't know that gibus was the correct name for those pop-up "top" hats.

thanks
Denise B