From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of ladybeanofbun...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:08 PM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] Victorian Hair:

Hello fellow costumers.
?
I wanted to thank those of you who offered your suggestions on mounting
swags onto my 1880s balldress. Your advice helped immensely in the creation
process and everything went together mostly as planned. My only frustration
was that once the decorative parts were?tacked by hand?in place, they lost
the smoothness upon laying across the edges of the bodice as had been when
initially pinned in place and puckered in some spots.
?
After much effort and little discovery though, arranging my hair in a nice
period coiffure seems entirely inpossible! Many people I know chose to wear
wigs or hair pieces when in costume and although this looks very nice, I
have been painstakingly growing out and caring for my own hair for 7 years
now solely for the purpose of doing these styles naturally. However, I
cannot seem to find a way to do it. Perhaps because I am not very
experienced styling hair?
?
If there is anyone who could and would be interested in training me on how
to put my hair up in some styles it would be so very appreciated and would
be willing compensate you for your assistance. My hair is currently down to
the bottom of my back or longer. I don't know because I usually brush it out
at the side and put it right back up so I haven't measured lately.? Also, I
live just outside of Philadelphia PA.
Thank you so much :)
?
Kindest Regards,