If nothing illegal occurred under German copyright law, no harm done by mentioning to the copyright holder.

Fran

On 5/12/2010 2:18 PM, Rachel Sohn wrote:
My understanding is that one or two pages were scanned and sent
privately, to be used in private research.

Under the copyright laws with which I am familiar (and I don't know
which country's laws would apply in this case), this constitutes "Fair
Use," and is therefore would seem to be NOT theft or piracy.