On Tuesday 18 May 2010 8:55:36 pm Lavolta Press wrote:
> > The "marketing prose" strikes me as pretty tame and tasteful as print or
> > Internet marketing go.  Of course, everyone's mileage will vary on that
> > sort of thing.
>
> I think I'm reacting to the fact that the marketing is so targeted to a
> beginning audience. However, much of the website is targeted to a
> beginning audience, so that marketing is actually appropriate. I am
> aware that there is no standard as to what is considered beginning,
> intermediate, or advanced costuming, and that people place themselves
> into these categories depending on their own goals and so on. But to me,
> Your Wardrobe Unlock'd is a beginner site, the corset site somewhat less
> so.

My impression is somewhat different--but then, so may my definition of
"beginner".  To me, a "beginner" is still learning to sew, let alone apply
that knowledge to historic clothing.

> In other words, I didn't find a lot of new information there but it
> will be different for other people.

That means only that you're not really part of the market segment they're
targeting, and that's fine.

--

Cathy Raymond <ca...@thyrsus.com>

"No one can make as disastrous a bad choice as a smart person, because they
sell it to themselves really well."--Tobias Buckell