I'd agree with that.

Firstly, even though a pocket may have been sizable enough to accomodate
the items referred to, it wouldn't be waterproof.

Secondly, who in their right mind would put them all in there  together???
My coat has poachers pockets - designed for the transportation  of freshly
shot game birds and therefore waterproof (not that I use it for such)  - I
still wouldn't be putting cake and wine and chicken in there all at  once...

I'd suspect it's some sort of sarcy joke about the size of women's pockets,
 and the amount that they carry round in them - in the same way as you get
jokes  today about women with the kitchen sink in their handbags.