Kate~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozart_and_Freemasonry   (with supporting
citations) says that

"Mozart was admitted as an apprentice to the Viennese Masonic lodge
called "Zur Wohltätigkeit" ("Beneficence") on 14 December 1784.[1] He
was promoted to journeyman Mason on 7 January 1785, and became a master
Mason "shortly thereafter".[1] Mozart also attended the meetings of
another lodge, called "Zur wahren Eintracht" ("True Concord"). According
to Otto Erich Deutsch, this lodge was "the largest and most aristocratic
in Vienna. ... Mozart, as the best of the musical 'Brothers,' was
welcome in all the lodges." It was headed by the naturalist Ignaz von
Born.[2]

Mozart's own lodge "Zur Wohltätigkeit" was consolidated with two others
in December of 1785, under the Imperial reform of Masonry (the
Freimaurerpatent, "Masonic Decree") of 11 December 1785, and thus Mozart
came to belong to the lodge called "Zur Neugekrönten Hoffnung" (New
Crowned Hope).[3]

At least as far as surviving Masonic documents can tell us, Mozart was
well regarded by his fellow Masons. Many of his friends were Masons."

[1][3] "Solomon, Maynard (1995) Mozart: A Life. Harper Collins"
[2]      "Deutsch, Otto Erich (1965) Mozart: A Documentary Biography.
Stanford: Stanford University Press"

>>> Kathryn Pinner <pinn...@mccc.edu> 7/21/10 1:21 PM >>>
Thank you, Ron. I had found some images but your information was good.
I had decided to use the pillars and compass and seeing eye on all three
of them and to use the rounded bottom look as well. Your information
seems to confirm my conjecture that the individual aprons could easily
have been different, and it seems that, indeed, they were not yet
regulated in 1780-1790.
Is there one (or more) symbol(s) that would indicate a Master or
journeyman or apprentice.  I don't know what Mozart was, but the play
has him being a relatively new brother, while the other two characters
are a bit older.

Kate Pinner