From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of otsisto
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:38 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Shirt pattern - SCA period - pre-1600

-----Original Message-----
Butterick 4486 looks a LOT like his shirt,>>>>>

De: the lacing and the ruffles of this pattern is not pre1600s. Here are
men's "Italian" extant shirts
http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/workbox/extmencam.htm

<<<< Likewise,
Simplicity 3758 is probably only somewhat close to the 1800s and not
pre-1600.>>>>

De: This is correct. This would be something close to what I have come to
know as "the poet's shirt".
Margo Anderson's Elizabethan gentleman's garments
http://www.margospatterns.com/Products/ElizGntlmnWrdb.html
Scroll down to "Two styles of shirts" and "click" to get an idea of shirt.
Reconstructiong History
http://tinyurl.com/33sxw43

So what would be a good shirt pattern, commercial or drafted by me, for a
shirt that will appeal to a teenager in the way that the commercial patterns
mentioned above would, but would still be a little bit closer to pre-1600?