From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of cw15147-hcos...@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 10:25 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Fabric - was: Shirt pattern - SCA period - pre-1600

Hi Laurie,

If you bought the original shirt from a vendor, and from I recall of
RenFaire
vendors, it's probably cotton gauze (is it crinkly?)

I suggest just using a lightweight linen. It'll be similar in texture, and
very
nice to wear.

I loves me linen shirts, shifts, smocks, pants, skirts, dresses, etc.

Claudine