well, a wool lining won't exactly keep you DRYER in the rain, but you won't
freeze when it does soak through!  Wool's insulating qualities are not affected
by wetness, and it does take longer to soak through wool than many other
fabrics, so two layers would extend the time you have until the rain gets all
the way through to you.

chimene from Oregon in the Pacific NorthWET, as we call it!  8-)