I've been putting CF and CB gores in my gowns for years as well, and I have never had problems with them catching between my legs. Indeed, if the gown doesn't have a CF gore, that's when it causes problems. Remember that medieval shoes were different from modern shoes, so medieval people walked differently than we moderns do. They did not have all the nifty cushioning, gel insoles, or grippy soles, so their method of walking was more like ours still is when we're barefoot. I find that I don't get tangled in my gown if I walk medievally, whereas it can be a real issue if I am walking modernly.

Jen/Margaret