On 2/4/2011 6:14 AM, R Lloyd Mitchell wrote:
I have some time ago and No for cutting fabric.? However I do like the
scalloped edge pinking?Fiscars made for fabric...especially nice for 18th C.
edges.
Kathleen, who is finishing Maud's gown..without such shears

That's what I kind of figured, but I'm a sucker for neat tools. I do have some rotary blades with designs.

I was really taken with all the plastic templates on the website, where, even in these days of draw and CAD programs, you can get ones with umpteen sizes of circles, ellipses, and other geometric shapes, as well as templates for architectural design, and other such things. Should anyone want a template for hand-drawing things like several sizes and styles of bathroom sinks on their fabric, this site has it.

Fran
Lavolta Press
Books on making historic clothing
Two new books of 1880s patterns!