From: Danielle Nunn-Weinberg <gilshal...@comcast.net>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 29, 2011 1:36 pm
Subject: Re: [h-cost] pouting about R. Wedding coverage

I started watching the beginning of the coverage live at 2 am myself. ;-) I
hadn't realized there wouldn't be any commercials for bathroom breaks etc...
which was both good and bad since they finally got onto the balcony at 7:26 am.
LOL! I usually dashed out when they started talking to people in the crowd. I
thought her dress was very Grace Kelly, myself. I *loved* Pippa's dress, with
the draped neckline, it is just sooooo '30s! Although, I could just scream
since I'm in the process of making a silk velvet blouse with that neckline (and
slightly longer sleeves) and a few different gowns and outfits for my BJDs with
it as well, and now everyone will think I was copying her! Humpf!!!

Anyway, if you wish to see who is wearing what BBCAmerica is the answer. There
are some really cool hats (I thought the royal blue vertical seed pod thingy
was neat), some truly frightful ones (TRH Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie come to
mind... I mean a blue fez with a ratty feather duster on top?!), a bunch of
those annoying "fascinators", and the scandalous fact that the British Prime
Minister's wife arrived without a hat at all!!! (In case you don't know they
are a "must" for ladies.) She had just pinned a small jewel to the side of her
head.

One of the things I found rather interesting, was one of the officiants, I
can't remember which now (Bishop of London???) was wearing his new cloth of
gold cope and boy was that thing bright and shiny! If you read an historical
mention of it, you sure get an idea of what a gaudy textile it was, once you
see this thing!

Anyway, I don't want to give away too much for those who haven't seen it yet.
I'm finally off to bed. <G>

Cheers,
Danielle