On 29/04/2011 19:05, Sharon Collier wrote:
I thought it was bad luck to wear black to a wedding.
Sharon C.

I thought green was the unlucky colour, (because of an early association with fairies, or some such pagan entities) - and yet there were at least one or two ladies in emerald green. Although in Eastern countries such as India and Islamic places green signifies good luck or fertility, (or so I've heard), these ladies didn't look as though that was their origin. As for that black dress, I thought only recent widows in deep mourning could wear it at a church wedding! Or maybe I'm just old-fashioned and out-of-date?

Linda Walton,
(in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.).