Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:45 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] the tambour embroidered regency dress i made last year

Bjarne,

As always, your work is so amazing .

the tambour embroidered dress that almost killed me

I continue to struggle in my effort to learn to tambour. I took a course but that did not seem to help. I thought it was supposed to be fast but I have not found it to be fast. In fact, if I do manage to get a few stitches done, I usually move the wrong way and they all unravel before my eyes.

How long did it take you to become so good at tambour? Do you have any tips for those of us struggling with this form of needlework?

Why do you say that it almost killed you? Is it backbreaking leaning over the frame?

Charlene Roberts