Yes charlene, but you will learn eventually, be patiente.
And by the way i could take one thread of the time out of a 5 meter skein, just use a lot of floorspace and hold your tongue in the center of your face :-)
bjarne

-----Oprindelig meddelelse----- From: Paul and Charlene
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 2:10 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] tambour embroidery--more questions

Bjarne,

O.K. I have it now. You don't have to move the whole frame, just the circular part--still a pain.

As Claudine suggested, I will clamp my frame to the table. Mine did not come with clamps but they are easy enough to find in a hardware store..

And it's floche #16 for the whitework and two strands of ordinary embroidery floss for the coloured work. I can just see that getting snagged in the needle! It will also be a chore getting the two strands separated from the skein. You must cut fairly short lengths to accomplish this.

I shall give each a try.

Many thanks for all the suggestions.

Charlene Roberts