Oh, Bjarne,

Do keep us posted!

Patty

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Leif og Bjarne Drews
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:02 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: [h-cost] Monster pannier.

I dont remember before i left h-costume last, if i told you my plans for making
a court dress from 1750ies? I have baught 20 yards of a wonderfull
Brunswick&Fils floral silk brokade i want to use for this projekt.
Today while i was sitting and sewing on a pannier for a karnival dress, i
desided to go to a copy shop here in Copenhagen who has large machines that can
blow up patterns.
I want to make the pannier worn with Louise Ulrika of Swedens coronation dress.
Her pannier is 2 meters wide, but she was a small lady we must remember. I used
the center front from waist to ground to calculate the new size its a lady who
is 1 m. 20 cm. from waist to ground. I showed the man in the shop the point i
wanted to use as blowup, told him i wanted the center front foldline to be 1m.
10 cm.
Now i am home and i have off cause tryed to meassure and its going to be about
2 meters wide at waist level, and (my god) 6 m. 80 cm. in cirkumference at the
foot bone.
I have ben curious about the size for a long time, but i had not dreamed it
would be that monster big. I have fabric for it, and its going to be a future
projekt, i hope perhaps next year.

Bjarne