=:=:=:Three Toad Press:=:=:=

"Learn to laugh at yourself and you will never lack for amusement." --MW

http://3toad.blogspot.com/

On Oct 20, 2011, at 8:18 PM, Lisa Ashton wrote:

What about 1890's hairstyles? That's my favorite. Yours in costumign, Lisa A

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Marjorie Wilser <the3t...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] 1880s hairstyles
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:39:08 -0700

The request was for 1880s hairstyles. I love the Rapunzel site, but
don't remember if anything there is a good match for 1880s.

The hallmark of 1880s hair is frizzy bangs! Perhaps a clip of fakehair
for the front of your style would work. The rest of the hair was worn
either under the hat (atop the head) or below it (toward the nape),
but can be almost anything. The frizzy bangs (and no center part) are
the most visible style detail.

   == Marjorie Wilser