Nope, the vertical bobbin kind, all metal, with cams for special stitches (anything but straight). Probably predates yours by 5 - 10 years. Still sews, but don't challenge it with anything but "normal" fabric for the 50s. (cottons, wools, NO polys or stretch).

==Marjorie Wilser

Three Toad Press
http://3toad.blogspot.com/