Stained glass, shining up brass, restoring old furniture, vintage
cars, metal casting... and playing with the plasma cutter just because
you can.  In a costume focus, you can also powder coat costume bits,
laser etch or cut pieces. You might deposit a very fine layer of
sliver or gold on your pewter buttons from Tudor Tailor.

There's a gal at the SJ who used the laser cutter on a poly knit
fabric to make leaves for an evening gown.  As it did the cuts the
edges fused slightly making a tidy edge.  The laser cutter at SJ can
cut up to 10 layers of dress or quilt weight cotton at a time.

I'd be pleased to give a tour of either SJ or Menlo Techshop to any of you. LMK,
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com