Fran
Lavolta Press
www.lavoltapress.com

On 8/30/2015 12:02 PM, WorkroomButtons.com wrote:
That really does sound like a dream house!  Hope the transition goes smoothly
and that there are no more surprises (at least not costly ones). :-)
-Dede _________________________
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com
       From: Lavolta Press <f...@lavoltapress.com>
  To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
  Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 2:05 PM
  Subject: [h-cost] Moving
BTW, for the few who are left in h-costume, I just wanted to say my
husband and I are cashing in our SF house, which we've owned for over 30
years, to take advantage of the local real estate boom.  And we already
bought our dream house in the Sacramento area!  We don't expect to move
in till sometime in the fall. We're having the house painted in Arts &
Crafts colors, oak flooring put into the few rooms that don't already
have it, and remodeling the kitchen with custom "mission" cabinets. And
some fixups here and there. There is a gorgeous garden (almost 2 acres),
but we recently discovered the sprinkler system needs to be moved and
part of the fence needs to be replaced . . . My sewing room is a huge
master bedroom with a separate large room (formerly an indoor swimming
pool, according to the neighbors), for use as a closet. There are two
other bedrooms plus a guest suite, so we don't need to sleep in it,
anyway for a bedroom it's absurdly large. So we are really excited.

We also need to buy more furniture, preferably antique, late 19th/early
20th century.  Especially more bookcases.  So if anyone knows of any
great antique stores in that area, email me!

Fran
Lavolta Press
www.lavoltapress.com