Britt said it much more succinctly than I did. I agree with this 100%.

cheers
-josh

Gentlepeople,

1] We are developing a toolkit using open source tools. Free. As in speech AND beer.

2] The toolkit will include the simplest, most portable installation process we can provide.

3] Nodes built with the toolkit will encourage users to spin off new nodes fractally.

4] Anyone who wants to use/steal the tools to use for any other campaign will do so.

5] The Dean campaign is not a user of the kit and not even a beta tester. Some of us will be. The campaign is ONLY the first beneficiary of the first beta nodes.

6] The business of Hosting has nothing to do with our effort. After the kit is done, anybody can do whatever they want with it. If anyone on this list wants to host the kit and make FEC filings (or not), that's their business. It is not the business of this list, which is firewalled from hosting issues in fact, in our process, in our interest and under the law.

7] Dialogue expended on hosting issues is stolen from coding.

8] Lawyers can't hack code - they're way out of their depth. Hackers can't lawyer - Ditto.

Zephyr wants us to work with them as they introduce us to concepts beyond our experience, like "flyering" and "tabling" and "canvassing". Things we need to know to help our future users (perhaps including individuals in this list) to serve one campaign or another. They want to be able to refer people to tools they've helped envision.

Why would we hinder our work by speculating on activities that our group as a whole will never pursue?

IMHO,

Britt

Politics is the art of controlling your environment. Participate!
Elect Howard Dean President in 2004!
http://www.outlandishjosh.com/politics/dean/