I agree - the brand has to extend to peoples lives.  But I don't think
land based terminolgy make for accurate descriptors of what this web
network will be.  For exmple, many of the sites running on the network
won't be geographiclly based at all.  Also, "dean country" lessens
communities ability to define their own image.  For exmple, it is implied
that all network communities are residents of "Dean Country" - whereas
with "DeanSpace" all communities can define where they reside and what
they are constituded by and for and make a small note that they are
connected to other communities by "DeanSpace".

-Zack