Hi, here are few corrections/additions:

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/goals.html, the third
bullet, the sentence is not clear. What I ment to say is that in order to
keep a group of subjects which are highly related in the Linux aspect, but
should be spread accross a number of layers, I simply stuffed them into a
single layer.

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/osi.html, change the first
bullet from "The OSIhas defined a model which splits the network to 7
layers." to "The OSI is a model defined by ISO, which splits the network
to 7 layers." (my mistake, sorry...)

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer1/dial-up.html, the
third bullet, I think that "the modem's algorithms" is more correct than
"the modem algorithms"

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer1/wifi.html, you
missed the s in "support".

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer2/, I think that
noting the fact that the MAC layer is usually implemented in the hardware
and therefore not a problem for linux might be useful, but I am not
certine about this.

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer2/ppp.html, the
second bullet is not very well sentence (IMVHO). I think that something
like "Fully supported on Linux, usualy out of the box" will sound better.

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer2/pptp-pppoe/, why is
L2TP missing from the title? I think that We should add a bullet like:
"* VPN is Virtual Private Network. It means having a number of computer
which are virtually on one network, while on the reality they are on
different networks in the internet"
in the start, and modify the bullet following it to something like:
"* In order to create VPN implementation, it is common to tunnel a whole
network protocol stack, down to and including this layer, as an
application layer (layer 7) connection."

  In
http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer2/pptp-pppoe/adsl.html,
change the title to "ADSL and Cable under Linux"

  In
http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer2/pptp-pppoe/dhcp.html,
add a bullet like: "DHCP configured connections will usually 'just work'
if you will select 'automatically configure' in your distro network
setup."
To Alon: I don't want to mention any specific tool, as these changes over
time and distro. The slides aim to be generic, and give the people
pointers to where to get help, not screen shots which they will quickly
find inaccurate and misleading.

  In
http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer2/pptp-pppoe/pptp-l2tp.html,
change the first bullet into the title of the slide, drop the old title.
Update the link to Eyal's HOWTO as he asked in his e-mail.

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer3/, where have the
part about routing gone?

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer3/ip.html: Change the
title to "Layer 3 protocols" or something like that. Make the bullet about
ping a sub bullet of the bullet about ICMP, and make it correct: "The ping
command is the most common use of ICMP". Add a bullet like this: "Other
procols exists in this layer, and most of them are supported by the Linux
kernel, but are only rarely used", maybe specifying the names of few
protocols (see my notes in my site).

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer3/ipv4-protocol.html,
change "name-space" to "address-space", in order to keep consistancy with
the next slide.

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer3/masquerading.html,
revise the third bullet to:
"This proccess is called Masquerading. During this proccess, the
destination and source addresses of the packets are translated, this is
called NAT, and can be used for variety of other network magics"

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer4/firewalls.html,
change as "This layer" to "The transport layer"

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer5.html, please make
each sentence a bullet.

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer6.html, once again,
bullets.

  In http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/layer7.html, bulletize. If
you can find a good and not obselete document about configuring DNS
client, link to it. The ones in tldp doesn't even mention
/etc/nsswitch.conf.

Note: I haven't covered ISDN in my lecture. do you think it is necceserry?
If the list thinks it is, We will probably want to add a sub-topic to
layer 1, similar to the slide about WiFi, with pointer to the relevant
FAQ (http://www.isdn4linux.de/faq/).

   Cheers
   Shachar