-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Haifux] [Lectures] Flash Presentation: Nokia 770 Internet
Tablet and Haifux Musings
Date:   Sun, 1 Apr 2007 22:27:44 +0300
From:   SonOfLilit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello.

First, introduction: Aur Saraf, second semester, mechanical engineering,
Mac Mini with OSX and IBM thinkpad that will soon be a double booted
Xubuntu/XP (XP for Solidworks and work at ClickTale, www.clicktale.net
<http://www.clicktale.net>), experienced programmer (C-* languages, Ruby
whenever I can).

I have a bit of a way with words when I try, I like to think, and I'd be
happy to write a bit.

I don't attend HAIFUX because of class at the same time.

Aur

On 4/1/07, *Leon Romanovsky* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
wrote:

    Maybe there is list of "needed" topics ?

    Amichai Rotman wrote:
    > Hello List,
    >
    > Alon Altman brought up the lack of material / people to lecture at the
    > last meeting (DV).
    >
    > I have a strange feeling that the club is fading away. Less and less
    > lectures are given, the last W2L series was held last two years
    ago....

    > I think we (the HAIFUX) have a lot of potential and we are not making
    > the  most of it.
    >
    > A similar thing happened to the Jerusalem club, and I took it upon
    me to
    > revive it before moving to Haifa almost four years ago...
    >
    > I realize people are busy. I am too. I have an 8 to 5 job and two
    small
    > kids at home.
    >
    > I think it is essential for us to keep the club alive and kicking.
    >
    > One idea I had: find a way to publish a monthly short newsletter (at
    > least around the Technion and Haifa U, for starters) regarding
    GNU/Linux
    > and what's going on in Israel.
    > It could be as simple as excerpts from Linmagazine, Whatsup and
    IGLU and
    > maybe a rundown of what went on the various Israeli LUGs during that
    > month...
    >
    > This will spread the word and bring more people to GNU/Linux and
    the LUGs.

    > On that note, I am prepared to give a flash-lecture regarding the
    Nokia

    [http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net

    --
    Leon Romanovsky