--- On Wed, 25/3/09, john lewis <johnle...@hantslug.org.uk> wrote:

> I have arrived at the simple solution - get old!!

I'm doing my very best :)

A few years ago when i lived in a place called Basingstoke, I had threat
letters almost every week.

After some time, i phoned the license department and told them i didn't have a
TV and that i was quite annoyed and that i felt harassed.

I asked them if a license was needed to watch DVD's on my computer, they said
as long as it had no way to receive a television signal.

No more letters while at that address.

In late 2005 I moved to London. Within 3 days a license 'enforcer' was on my
doorstep. I explained that i didn't have a television, and that i'd called the
license dept. from my previous address.

He asked to enter my house to check, i said no and asked him to make a record
that i declined, and that i was not happy.

No more letters, even after moving house again.

Isaac.