John Cooper wrote:
On 25/11/09 15:05, Owain Clarke wrote:

I don't know if anyone has experience of this, but I am working in a
place with a Mac OS 10.2 server, and I am wondering about the
feasibility of connecting to the server with a Linux (Ubuntu) netbook,
so that I could both use files on the server and continue using my GNU
software.

I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me what service(s) I need to enable
on the server, and then how I get my netbook to spot the network. I'm
only here once a week, so I won't be able to try anything out quickly,
but would be glad to receive any help on this one.

You connect to a Mac server like any other *nix server either using NFS
or Samba/SMB/CIFS therefore just search for a mac howto. Samba is
probably the best to use and will appear in Nautilus file manager (menu
options  Go/Network)

Sorry, John and Srijon, I didn't acknowledge your assistance

Owain