Hi,

Please can anyone help a Gentoo user stuck in a mire of Debian apt-get
thingies.

I'm having to do a bit of admin style stuff while the company recruits a
new Windows/Debian admin.  So I have a Debian Squeeze box currently with
a 2.6.32-5 kernel on it which I need to update with a 3.+ kernel in order
to support a RTL8191SE Wifi interface.

The 3.+ kernel image is in Wheezy/testing but how do I persuade Squeeze
to update this one package.  Everything I've found on the web seems to
suggest that I have to upgrade the entire system from Squeeze to Wheezy
in a one way trip.

Is there a way to upgrade a single package?  On Gentoo this is trivially
easy.

I figure I could download and compile the source from kernel.org and then
jam it into grub but I'd really prefer to do it in some "standard" way so
someone else can pick it up in the future.

--
        Bob Dunlop