On 12/10/12 23:37, Victor Churchill wrote:

On 12 October 2012 19:06, Ally Biggs <bluechr...@hotmail.co.uk <mailto:bluechr...@hotmail.co.uk>> wrote:

    I've got a dell laptop
    Intel i7 2.6 ghz quad core
    8 gig DDR3
    120 Gig solid state hard disk
    1 gig Nvidia graphics ( runs battlefield 3
    Windows 7 home prem 64 bit
    Original box
    Still under warranty with dell
    Looking for about £400

That looks like quite a nice deal :)

From the sublime to the ridiculous ...

I have an old Panasonic Toughbook CF-47. Bought it off eBay, used it for work for a while, gave it to my son when he started Uni; he has now got a netbook (and almost finished his PhD) and given it back :)

192 MB RAM (gee whiz! )
Pentium III 448 MHz
There is some moan at boot up about the BIOS being pre 1999 so it can't do something :)
Disk 7.2 GB
Battery is shot, only runs from mains
currently running Ubuntu 7.04 (!!)
When I booted it up it said it had not done an fsck for 1209 days and proceeded to check the disk and booted up just fine.

It may not be quite what you are after but if it's of any use to you or anyone else I'd be happy to see it go free to a good home.

--
best regards,

Victor Churchill,
Bournemouth

I have a small HP Laptop (unfortunately packed away in a cupboard at the moment), 1.6ghz 40gb hd 512mb but it has a faulty power connection, you have to wiggle the powerlead to get it to work. This fault usually requires a new power connector soldering on to the motherboard.

Tim