Hi,

I have found lots of web site detailing how to drive a relay from a
Raspberry PI, for example, turning 240V AC mains devices on and off.
What I cannot find is how to have the PI detect if 240V is on a wire
or not. I.e. If a 240 AC wire is powered or not?
It is a useful function for home automation purposes.
For example, I could use it in order to make a log of when the heating
is switched on, or use existing 240V AC main light switches to provide
inputs to the Raspberry PI, and let the PI control something else as a
result.

Done anyone know of any sort of "detect 240V AC" adapter for the GPIO
of the Raspberry PI?

Kind Regards

James