Hey,

Think found the reason causing this, after looking and logging debug:
Serving requests just goes on for a while, then suddenly:

000003c0:my-webfarm.srvcls[0009:000a]
000003c0:my-webfarm.clicls[0009:000a]
000003c0:my-webfarm.closed[0009:000a]
[ALERT] 257/101918 (78231) : accept(): cannot set the socket in non blocking mode. Giving up
000003c1:my-webfarm.srvcls[0007:0008]
000003c1:my-webfarm.clicls[0007:0008]
000003c1:my-webfarm.closed[0007:0008]

and then gameover, further requests don't even show up in debug (-d) output

Does that ring a bell?
Cheers,
Joe