On 8/6/11 12:32 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Hi Baptiste,
On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 09:24:08AM +0200, Baptiste wrote:
On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Hank A. Paulson
<h...@spamproof.nospammail.net>  wrote:
On 8/5/11 3:01 PM, Baptiste wrote:

Hi Hank

Actually stick on URL param should work with client which does not
support cookies.
is the first reply a 30[12] ?

So you are saying that stick on URL param reads the outgoing 302 and saves
the URL param from that in the stick table on 1.5? f so, great then problem
solved. If it doesn't save it on the way out from the initial redirect then
it won't help.

Is the same supposed to happen with balance url_param on 1.4?
If not, I will switch to 1.5. If it is supposed to, it doesn't, afaict.

How is they user aware of the jsid or how is he supposed to send his
jsid to the server?

302 to the URL with the jsid URL param.

Thanks

Do you have a X-Forwarded-For on your proxy or can you setup one?

cheers

Well, I'm thinking of something, let me run some tests and I'll come
back to you with a good or a bad news.

Right now I see no way to do that. We'd need to extract the url_param
from the Location header, this would be a new pattern. I think it's
not too hard to implement. We already have url_param for the request,
we could have hdr_url_param(header_name) or something like this.

but it would have to be a combo thing, right? - set up stick table entry on outgoing 302 with url_param "blah" in location header then check incoming requests for url_param "blah" and continue to stick those based on the entry created by the initial outgoing response. I don't know if you'd do that as 2 rules or one.

This would be a great and wondrous thing for cookie-less clients and decoupled servers - not to mention it may be a unique feature among existing load balancing products.