Hi Aleks,

It's a good and interesting start.
I already talked to Willy about the doc format, and unfortunately for
you, the way you're doing is not the one wanted by him.

As you have remarked, the doc format is quite "open", each
documentation contributors tries to maintain the format, but there is
no strict verification on the shape (only on the content).
What Willy wants, is not a translation of the doc in a new format that
would force devs to follow strong recommendation, otherwise the
integrity of the whole doc would be broken.
He considers the documentation is readable for a human eye, so it
should be for an automatic tool which could then translate it into a
nicer format.

Purpose is double:
1. don't bother the devs when they have to write documentation
2. have a nice readable documentation

So basically, a lot of people are interested by a nicer version of the
doc, I already started working on the subject and I might push
something in my github very soon: a bash/sed/awk tool to translate the
HAProxy documentation in Markdown format (could be HTML as well).
Contribution will be welcome :)

cheers