Willy,

>From your description, it could be an issue with some connection
tracking somewhere caused by excess of source addr:ports.

Ohh ok..
Also I just found that as per the documentation in this link , it says that
"it can cause problems when IP connection tracking is enabled on the
machine, because a same connection may be seen twice with different states".
Does this mean that I need to disable the  nf_conntrack module by adding
"net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_acct = 0"  to "/etc/sysctl.conf" ?

Bu default this module seems to be enabled.
 cat /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_acct
1

Following are the answers to your questions:

What's your haproxy version and kernel version ?

   - HA-Proxy version: 1.4.8 2010/06/16
   - Kernel Version: 2.6.32-24-server
   - OS: Ubuntu 10.04

Are you sure all your servers route back through your haproxy box ?

   - Yes the default gateway of all the real servers is HAProxy server.
   - On real servers I have multiple IPs of two different networks
      - One which we use for communication between HAproxy server and Real
      servers.
      - And One which is used by the real servers to communicate with our
      internal application servers

Did you test only from one source machine or did you have many clients ?

   - This issue occurs intermittently from one or two different source IPs
   - At the same time when I check the functionality from another source
   IP, it works fine.

Thanks
Rahul N.

--