Group,

Any advise on this?

-Rahul N.

On Saturday, August 11, 2012, Rahul Nair <rahul.n...@finicity.com> wrote:
> By default net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter is 1 which means  IP spoofing
protection is enabled (source route verification is turned on)
> As far as I understand, TPROXY spoofs outgoing connections using the
client's IP address.
> But since all the IPs are configured on same physical adapter,  not sure
if setting net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter to 0 will make any difference.
> Also the issue is intermittent and not Boolean in nature.
> -Rahul N.
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Rahul Nair <rahul.n...@finicity.com>
wrote:

> Willy,
> Following are the information I could gather:
> As per this link we need to add following sysctl parameters.
> #Reverse Path Filtering: Basically, if the reply to a packet wouldn't go
out the interface this packet came in, then this is a bogus packet and
should be ignored.
> net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 2
> net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 2
> #Disable Reverse Path Filtering
> net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter = 0
> I am currently using a single physical ethernet interface for both
the networks (realservers network and VIPs network)
> Are there any chances that this could create any issues?
> Regarding kernel bugs:
>
> 2.6.28 to 2.6.32 have different rp_filter configuration. The rp_filter
settings (0 or 1) for these kernels will silently block TPROXY if used on
newer kernels.

--
-Rahul N.
IT Department