Hi Sander,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:34:59AM +0100, Sander Klein wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I recently upgraded to HAProxy dev-14 (and since this morning dev-15)
> from dev11-ss-20120604. But, now we are experiencing uploads that are
> 'hanging'.
>
> When uploading a file over HTTP the upload suddenly stalls. I cant get
> my finger on it why. Sometimes it is right after the upload starts,
> sometimes somewhere in the middle and (surprise, surprise!) sometimes
> almost at the end. After a while the upload continues again and finishes
> or stalls again. Uploads usually go with higher speeds 200-300mbit/s so
> HAProxy CPU usage goes up a bit (10-15% cpu usage).
>
> Is this a bug in HAProxy or is it my config? Downgrading to
> dev11-ss-20120604 fixes the issue.

Sander, such a random behaviour cannot be caused by a config issue. So
there is a bug, definitely. Maybe it's always been there and your config
enlightens it, but there is no reason for a config to cause traffic
pauses.

Could you try to disable the splice options just to see ? And if that does
not change anything, please also try to disable "option abortonclose". That
will help us narrow the issue down. Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with
your config.

If you can easily reproduce this, I'd be interested in getting a network
traffic capture on the machine running haproxy, I don't know if you can
get send this.

Thanks,