On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Alok Kumar <a_sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> In my case we are load balancing across FTP servers.
>
> FTP uses two data channel and command channel port for data transfer.

I use haproxy for the same purpose. Closing the command channel will not
affect a transfer in any way, unless you have something else set up wrong.

In other words, the command channel is needed only to START the upload,
once started the data channel will complete the upload. If the command
channel closes in the meantime, what does it matter?

I am trying to understand WHY this is a problem, as in my experience
closing the idle command channel is a GOOD thing with no negative
side-effects.