Alok,

Sorry have been out of the office for a while.

You could try increasing the clitimeout and srctimeout values in your
defaults section. These values are ninety and one hundred and twenty
seconds respectively. My guess is that tcpka has no effect on "activity"
from haproxy's point of view as this tcp traffic would be generated by
haproxy itself.

Also, after seeing your config, I realize why I was confused. I load
balance FTP as well, but I ONLY load balance the command channel via
haproxy. The data channels are handled directly by NAT rules. I wrote up my
method here:

http://ben.timby.com/?page_id=210

The nice thing about this method is that haproxy is still able to
distribute load pretty evenly by "user session" not by individual
connection. Also, the heavy lifting of transferring large files is then
handled in the kernel by netfilter rather than by haproxy. Additionally
this means that time outs enforced by haproxy only apply to the command
channel, and do not affect the data channels.