Hi Keith,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 09:39:12AM +0000, keith anderson wrote:
> Benjamin Polidore <polidore@...> writes:
>

> > sorry, this is 1.5 dev 14.
> >
> > thanks.On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Benjamin Polidore
> <polid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > src/proxy.c:46: error: initializer element is not constant
> >

> Hi Willy,
>
> It seems that this issue has crept into the latest haproxy-1.5-dev18 release.

indeed :-(

I'm CCing Simon and Marc-Antoine who last included stdbool. We fixed this
already in the past, so I have now added a notice about this in the readme.

Stdbool is not portable, it does not properly work on some OS/gcc
combinations, we need to be careful about it.

> gcc -Iinclude -Iebtree -Wall  -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing
> -fomit-frame-pointer -DFD_SETSIZE=65536 -D_REENTRANT      -DTPROXY
> -DCONFIG_HAP_CRYPT -DNEED_CRYPT_H -DUSE_GETADDRINFO -DENABLE_POLL
> -DCONFIG_HAPROXY_VERSION=\"1.5-dev18\" -DCONFIG_HAPROXY_DATE=\"2013/04/03\"
> -c -o src/checks.o src/checks.c
> In file included from src/checks.c:28:
> /usr/include/stdbool.h:42:2: #error "Use of <stdbool.h> is valid only in a
> c99 compilation environment."
> gmake: *** [src/checks.o] Error 1
>
> Blindly removing the #include <stdbool.h> from checks.c and
> haproxy-systemd-wrapper.c does get a binary compilation but also an
> (unsurprisingly) eventual core dump.

It should not cause any error, the stdbool you pointed were not used at
all, so you're facing a different error.

Would you please download the latest snapshot, we fixed a number of bugs
that may or may not be responsible for this. If you still get the core,
please run it through gdb and issue a "bt full" so that we can get an
idea of what is causing it. At least it works on my old Ultra5 under
solaris 8.

Thanks,