Hi Pablo,

My answers inline.

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM, pablo platt <pablo.pl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to proxy secure websockets and RTMP (normal tcp) on the same port.
> In the future I'll need normal HTTP requests and static files.
> haproxy will pass ssl requests to backend1 and RTMP requests to backend2.
> Processes will be open for a long time (minutes - hours).
> The backends are on the same machine and will be responsible for timeouts
> and pings.
>
> Do I need to change anythinging in the default configuration like
> contimeout, clitimeout and srvtimeout? I'm using the ubuntu 12.04 package.

Please paste your configuration. We don't know the default
configuration from each packager and OS ;)

> Is this the correct way to check for ssl requests?
> acl traffic_is_ssl         req_ssl_ver  -gt 0

I would better use ssl_fc.
Using content inspection (tcp-request inspect) rules, you can do the
content switching based on ssl_fc and so split SSL and RTMP traffic to
2 different farms.
(I guess this is the purpose you're trying to achieve).

> When nginx will get ssl requests from haproxy it'll see haproxy's IP.
> Can I terminate ssl requests in nginx even when the client IP was changed?

IP change has no impact on SSL.

> Thanks

Baptiste