My initial builds were done using HomeBrew for both 1.4.24 and 1.5dev19.

It is configured with the following arguments to make:
TARGET=generic USE_KQUEUE=1 USE_POLL=1 USE_PCRE=1

The 1.5dev19 settings add to those:
USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_ZLIB=1 ADDLIB=-lcrypto

When I did my test compiles I duplicated those parameters. I read that
somewhere that the OSX makefile didn’t work so I didn’t spend any time trying
it since it seemed the homebrew options worked fine with 1.4.24 in my testing.

Here is the -vv output from the currently working version.

HA-Proxy version 1.5-dev19 2013/06/17
Copyright 2000-2013 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>

Build options :
  TARGET  = generic
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = gcc
  CFLAGS  = -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing
  OPTIONS = USE_ZLIB=1 USE_POLL=1 USE_KQUEUE=1 USE_OPENSSL=1

Default settings :
  maxconn = 2000, bufsize = 16384, maxrewrite = 8192, maxpollevents = 200

Encrypted password support via crypt(3): no
Built with zlib version : 1.2.5
Compression algorithms supported : identity, deflate, gzip
Built with OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013
Running on OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013
OpenSSL library supports TLS extensions : yes
OpenSSL library supports SNI : yes
OpenSSL library supports prefer-server-ciphers : yes
Built without PCRE support (using libc's regex instead)

Available polling systems :
     kqueue : pref=300,  test result OK
       poll : pref=200,  test result OK
     select : pref=150,  test result OK
Total: 3 (3 usable), will use queue.

Here is the -vv from the originally compiled version that exhibits the bug.

HA-Proxy version 1.5-dev19 2013/06/17
Copyright 2000-2013 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>

Build options :
  TARGET  = generic
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = cc
  CFLAGS  =
  OPTIONS = USE_ZLIB=1 USE_POLL=1 USE_KQUEUE=1 USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_PCRE=1

  maxconn = 2000, bufsize = 16384, maxrewrite = 8192, maxpollevents = 200

Encrypted password support via crypt(3): no
Built with zlib version : 1.2.5
Compression algorithms supported : identity, deflate, gzip
Built with OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 0.9.8r 8 Feb 2011
Running on OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013
OpenSSL library supports TLS extensions : yes
OpenSSL library supports SNI : yes
OpenSSL library supports prefer-server-ciphers : yes
Built with PCRE version : 8.33 2013-05-28
PCRE library supports JIT : no (USE_PCRE_JIT not set)

Available polling systems :
     kqueue : pref=300,  test result OK
       poll : pref=200,  test result OK
     select : pref=150,  test result OK