Hi,

> Disabling epoll doesn't fix it... drat... Tested it with ss-20140104.
> Could it be that it's a more subtle bug somewhere else?

If disabling epoll doesn't workaround that problem then another patch must
be the reason for this.

> But, Yes, that is correct. 20131115 works and 2013116 doesn't.

There is only one single other patch between those 2 snapshots:
Commit 38d5892634 ("OPTIM/MINOR: mark the source address as already known
on accept()"). Could it be that you made a "off-by-one" error when
troubleshooting (sorry for suggesting this - but its the only thing I can
think of really)?

Could you retry with current code and only revert that particular patch?

If you use git, then you just:
git revert 38d5892634

Otherwise you reverse apply this patch again:
patch -p1 -R <0104-OPTIM-MINOR-mark-the-source-address-as-alre-1.5-dev19.diff

0104-OPTIM-MINOR-mark-the-source-address-as-alre-1.5-dev19.diff is in
haproxy-1.5-dev19-patches-20131116.tar.gz [1].

If this doesn't help, we probably need to troubleshoot this from another
angle, by comparing debug logs of working and non-working situation, but
knowing what exact patch introduced the problem is a very valuable
information.

PS: git is a real lifesaver when you do this kind of troubleshootings.
Reverting patches, "git bisect" to find the patch to blame, you don't need
to fiddle with diff files, etc.

Regards,

Lukas

[1]