On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Rodney Smith <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a problem where a client is sending audio data via POST, and while
> the request line and headers reach the server, the body of the POST does
> not. However, if the client uses the header "Transfer-Encoding: chunked"
> and chunks the data, it does get sent. What can I do to get the POST body
> sent without the chunking?
> What can be changed to get the incoming raw data packets to get forwarded?
>

> The client sends this as the first packet, where path and hostaddress get
> changed via regex before getting assigned a server:
> POST /path/g711.cgi HTTP/1.1
> Host: hostaddress
> Connection: Close
> Authorization: Basic ASLKSDNW8RUNVS3===
>
> And in subsequent packets, the raw audio data: blah, blah, blah.
> -r

The request does not conform to the HTTP spec and haproxy is ignoring the
body as required by the spec.

See sections 4.3 and 4.4
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.3

In particular, this paragraph:

The presence of a message-body in a request is signaled by the inclusion of
a Content-Length or Transfer-Encoding header field in the request's
message-headers. A message-body MUST NOT be included in a request if the
specification of the request method (section 5.1.1) does not allow sending
an entity-body in requests. A server SHOULD read and forward a message-body
on any request; if the request method does not include defined semantics
for an entity-body, then the message-body SHOULD be ignored when handling
the request.

-Bryan