What should be my goal when buying hardware for haproxy if I am planning
to secure everything with TLS/SSL terminated by haproxy?  Due to
customer requirements, many of the back-end connections will also be
encrypted.

Other than getting the latest processor architecture I can find at the
highest possible clock speed, what should I be looking for in a
CPU/motherboard combo?  It will most likely be Dell server hardware
because it is priced well and rackmounts easily.  I would really prefer
a 1U rack server with hardware redundancy to a beige box, but if a beige
box would hit the requirements a lot better, I would consider that route.

One specific thing that I am wondering about is running haproxy with
multiple processes.  Is that well-supported and stable config
(especially for SSL), or should I be looking for a CPU with a higher
clock speed but a smaller number of cores, and run single-process?  I
already know from other discussions that reporting and monitoring is not
as straightforward with multiple processes.

Thanks,
Shawn