On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 02:54:13PM +0200, Evgeniy Sudyr wrote:
> this is server with 2x Intel I350-T4 1G Quad port NICs, where on first
> card each NIC is connected to uplink provider and 2nd NIC 4 ports are
> used for trunk interface with lacp connected to internal 1Gb switch
> with lacp configured as well. I've tested uplinks and internal link
> with iperf and was able to see at least 900Mbps for TCP tests.

You may want to retry without LACP. A long time ago on Linux, the bonding
driver used not to propagate NIC-specific optimizations and resulted in
worse performance sometimes than without. Also I don't know if you're
using VLANs, and I don't know if openbsd supports checksum offloading
on VLANs, but that could as well be something which limits the list of
possible optimizations/offloadings that normally result in lower CPU
usage.

> Card seems to be OK. Haproxy definitely needs to be moved to separate
> servers in inside network.

Makes sense. Then make sure to use a distro with a kernel 3.10 or above,
that's where you'll get the best performance.

> Btw, where Pavlos reported his test results? There in list or somewhere else?

It was posted one or two weeks ago on this list, yes. I must say I was
quite happy to see someone else post results in the order of magnitude
I encounter in my own tests, because at least I won't be suspected of
cheating anymore :-)

Cheers,